Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Online Journaling

Okay - this is my first post to this blog. Austin is now a little over 4.5 months old and I have been fumbling on how I was going to chronicle his milestones and happenings. I had been using Facebook to share his pictures and some thoughts because it is soooo easy and quick! I soon realized that while it is fun to do on a temporary and immediate basis, everything I have been doing has been a waste as far as keeping up with all that has been happening because you can't print and there is no guarantee that Facebook will be available to show Austin in the future. There are of course the baby books and calendars, etc that can be used but not only do I not have the patience to fill out a "form" but I really enjoy the immediate sharing with family and friends and the possible feedback.

So I figured that the next best thing was to do a blog and worse case scenario I could just write in word and do a copy/paste into a blog and then I could save the word pieces for Austin (perhaps putting them in a book or something) but was really discouraged by this additional work.

That was until....

I went on a walk with a new mom friend today and knowing she kept up a blog for her daughter that is now 7 months old, I asked her how she was going to share her blog with her daughter. She told me about blog2print.com. I am so relieved! This site takes your blog posts, pictures and all and can create a chronological book from it! This is so wonderful!

Now if they could do this to Facebook, I would be ecstatic, but I am learning to be patient. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment