Saturday, May 21, 2011

California Trip Part 1 - Getting To Know My Folks

5/19-5/20/2011

When we arrived in Santa Barbara - it was great.  A little chilly but we excitedly got off the plane and finally joined my folks near the baggage claim.  Mom was crying and Dad was grinning and I think I got a hug before they started gushing over my sweet boy.  Austin is just days from being five months and the closest my folks have come to seeing him to this point was via SKYPE so this was a wonderful greeting.  Lompoc is a about an hour north of Santa Barbara so we got on the road and headed that way. 

It is so great to see my folks gushing over Austin while I sit back and watch, take pictures and grin from ear to ear.  Experiencing it like this gave me a glimpse of how they were with me and Peter, which is so endearing.

I take a nap and they already have him in a NAVY hat!
 Nothing like California sun!
The pathway to every man's (or little boy's) heart is food

Showing Austin how to roll over with his brace
Dad has always been a goof when it comes to the little ones.  Here is a video to prove it:


We settled in great.  Austin got to his bedtime routine by the second night and although he gets up every three hours, I have been doing fine with a little nap at some point during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment