Monday, November 14, 2011

For Austin's Sake

When coming up with the name of this blog, I was really stuck on trying to come up with something spunky, catchy or all encompassing.  I had pondered for days.  Had things I wanted to post but as any blogger knows, you have to create the name first before you begin writing when it comes to a blog otherwise you are "out there" with "Iamnotcreative.blogspot.com" or "whoamIkidding.wordpress.com" (wait a minute, I like that one!).  Anyways, the purpose of this blog was to create an avenue that I can document Austin's first year or so for the "benefit of him" and then just simply said, "I am doing this for Austin's sake" and voila!

The very meaning has taken on a much deeper goal however, as now my purpose for almost everything I do is "for Austin's sake".  Not just this blog, but so many more important things.  Having Austin has changed the world for me: who I am, what I am willing to do, priorities, my interests, how I see world, how I view the environment, etc. 

For instance, I now cook.  Hated cooking before him.  Absolutely loathed it.  Would try and figure out a way to get my sustenance out of a bag, box, or someone ELSE is doing the cooking for me.  When my husband looked into my bare cabinets and fridge and saw cereal, milk and condiments, he knew right away what he was getting into.  The transformation didn't change right away for me but when I started understanding that I not only had a hard time carrying my ever-growing baby boy at 4 months and I also felt like I was hit by a mack truck every single day although he was sleeping better; it was clear something needed to change.  So I began my journey towards cleaner eating based on my research of hormone imbalances, fatique and stubborn toxic weight.  And if you are going to eat clean, you HAVE to cook unless you want to eat everything in its raw form.  Plus I didn't think it was fair to my husband to demand for him to change his cooking style to complement my new found directive.  Nope, this was a project of mine.

Secondly, I buy organic, as much as I can.  It is better for him and is also better for us.  Check!

Third, I am exercising again.  Now, I say again because I used be a fitness fanatic.  Running, Spinning, weight lifting (I was boning up to compete at one point).  I was about 50lbs less than I am now and not one part of my body hurt.  Now, I am not going to go down that road again, but I have a purpose that keeps me on track.  It is "for Austin's sake" that I feels better, my body doesn't ache so I can keep up with him, and that I stay healthy for the rest of my lifetime.

Lastly, I am more aware of the world around us.  I am paying attention to the government, the environment, the economy, etc.  What is happening now will affect his future.  I think it is our responsibility as parents to be cognizant of the world around us and be stewards to our children's futures. 

So, "for Austin's sake" is my purpose and I now have faith that I am no longer a mission impossible!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment