Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Maggie Mae

Tomorrow Austin and I will be taking a trip east to take Maggie to a new home.  Somewhere that she can be loved by the entire family and live out her days in bliss and less stress. The only way I would consider this is either my folks or someone that I KNOW is an ultimate dog lover because he has had many labs and I have SEEN how he is with her.   

I have had Maggie since she was 8 weeks old. At now 11.5 years she has been to hell and back with me.  I haven't always been the best caretaker for her with my work commitments and lack of yard but as expected, she has been a loyal companion for all these years.  Adding Jazzy to the mix has given her a constant companion when I have been absent for an hour, day or even a weekend and that has been a real blessing.  

As I always knew she would, Maggie has been wonderfully tolerant of the rougher love of a toddler but she has also shown Austin how to love an animal.  One of his first dogs.  

Maggie is a great friend and I know she will add joy to her new family.  God only knows if she will miss me but I have been told I can visit her as much as I would like.

Good girl Maggie.  I will miss you more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment